One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small white type of kidney bean.
- ‘Add beans to leafy green salads, pasta salads, and stews - chick peas, kidney beans, and navy beans have been shown to reduce LDL cholesterol levels.’
- ‘Some other good choices include navy beans, chickpeas and kidney beans.’
- ‘Looking up from her bowl of navy bean soup, she couldn't suppress a flash of annoyance as she saw the vaporous figure drifting through the cafeteria.’
- ‘But all beans, including cream-colored navy beans and garbanzo beans, contain iron, folate, zinc, and a bit of calcium.’
- ‘In a saute pan, heat the oil, sauté the pepper, zucchini, and navy beans until the vegetables are tender.’
- ‘However, other relatives are the navy bean (which is actually white in colour, don't ask me why), black beans and pinto beans.’
- ‘Between 14 and 18 immature newborns - blind, furless and the size of navy beans - clamber up through the mother's belly fur and enter her pouch.’
- ‘Baked beans, lima beans, navy beans and kidney beans are all good choices.’
- ‘You may also use canned navy beans which you should add after the other vegetables are cooked.’
- ‘Legumes such as lentils, black-eyed peas, soybeans, chickpeas, kidney beans, navy beans, pinto beans and black beans are lowfat, filling and loaded with fiber, protein and carbs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.