The quality or state of being natural.
unselfconsciousness, lack of affectation, spontaneity, spontaneousness, lack of inhibition, straightforwardness, genuineness, openness, ingenuousness, simplicity, lack of sophistication, unpretentiousness, lack of pretensionView synonyms
- ‘The result was a naturalness that is rarely encountered in the opera house.’
- ‘The outstanding characteristics of furniture during the Ming Dynasty were simplicity and naturalness.’
- ‘What charms tourists, however, is its naturalness and simplicity.’
- ‘Her jeans, T-shirt and bare feet enhance the air of naturalness.’
- ‘With one exception, they are spoken texts and so have the spontaneity and naturalness that make for pleasurable reading.’
- ‘Instead of naturalness and spontaneity we have had thirty odd years of media manipulation.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.