One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality or state of being natural.
unselfconsciousness, lack of affectation, spontaneity, spontaneousness, lack of inhibition, straightforwardness, genuineness, openness, ingenuousness, simplicity, lack of sophistication, unpretentiousness, lack of pretensionView synonyms
- ‘What charms tourists, however, is its naturalness and simplicity.’
- ‘Her jeans, T-shirt and bare feet enhance the air of naturalness.’
- ‘The result was a naturalness that is rarely encountered in the opera house.’
- ‘With one exception, they are spoken texts and so have the spontaneity and naturalness that make for pleasurable reading.’
- ‘Instead of naturalness and spontaneity we have had thirty odd years of media manipulation.’
- ‘The outstanding characteristics of furniture during the Ming Dynasty were simplicity and naturalness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.