One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Materials or substances such as minerals, forests, water, and fertile land that occur in nature and can be used for economic gain.
- ‘This trend should now be halted so that Zambia rightfully reaps the benefits of her natural resources.’
- ‘Paper is the only natural resource we don't give a damn about it seems.’
- ‘The natural resources of our area were being exploited not for the benefit of the native inhabitants.’
- ‘Economic use of natural resources such as water is another factor to be reckoned with.’
- ‘It also notes that governments, too, exploit the natural resources of their countries to fund their war efforts.’
- ‘We need to ensure that all our natural resources are used in a sustainable manner.’
- ‘It is not in Australia's national interest to lock up and leave undeveloped our natural resources.’
- ‘Australia has a fragile ecosystem and limited natural resources despite its huge size.’
- ‘Australia is a wealthy country, with a high standard of living and vast amounts of natural resources.’
- ‘The risks may be high, but the continent is rich in natural resources including oil, gold and diamonds.’
- ‘And these rich and powerful few will use the law and the courts to ensure that their exploitation of a natural resource will go unchecked.’
- ‘The economy continued to draw on overseas capital, labour, and technology to exploit natural resources.’
- ‘For Australia as a whole, knowledge and skills are now more important than natural resources.’
- ‘They have no access to the minerals, ivory and other abundant natural resources found there.’
- ‘These fossil fuels lay at the core of the exploitation of natural resources that arose with the industrial revolution.’
- ‘The vast natural resources of the two continents were long exploited for the enrichment of Europe.’
- ‘Their needs are limited and therefore their exploitation of natural resources is limited.’
- ‘We need to recycle because we need to conserve the Earth's natural resources.’
- ‘The natural resources are recognized as common property and managed collectively as such.’
- ‘The exploitation of the natural resource for these materials has boggling environmental implications.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.