One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Traditionally, however, natural philosophers considered mathematics unrelated to physics, on the grounds it dealt with abstract not corporeal objects.’
- ‘In Science, I've written an essay about what seventeenth-century natural philosophers have to teach twenty-first century neuroscientists about the brain.’
- ‘According to Newton, the natural philosopher may establish that phenomena are related in a certain way, but cannot establish that the relation could not be otherwise.’
- ‘By 1704 Newton was fast becoming England's most eminent natural philosopher.’
- ‘This young natural philosopher mastered the art of careful experimentation in chemistry and physics.’
- ‘On the whole, the vortex theory offered the natural philosopher a highly intuitive model of celestial phenomena that was compatible with the mechanical philosophy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.