One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in the Middle Ages) magic practiced for beneficial purposes, involving the making of images, healing, and the use of herbs.
- ‘A true military intellectual, he gave expression to the ideas of the late humanists and was an enthusiastic student of the occult, alchemy, and natural magic.’
- ‘His interests extended to an enthusiastic study of mathematics, the natural sciences, and studies of alchemy and natural magic.’
- ‘A further derivation from magia was natural magic, the study of nature's most hidden and secret processes.’
- ‘For other 16th and 17th-century authors the camera was merely a curious device for spying on people in the street outside - a trick from the repertoire of natural magic.’
- ‘Earth magicians are best at natural magic and healing, and because of that can be very powerful.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.