One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Flammable gas, consisting largely of methane and other hydrocarbons, occurring naturally underground (often in association with petroleum) and used as fuel.
- ‘This type of ceiling heater usually uses propane or natural gas as the fuel source.’
- ‘At that time, there will be two nets providing coal gas and natural gas for Shanghai local residents.’
- ‘At present most hydrogen is produced from natural gas and it takes much more energy to create it than it saves.’
- ‘The burning of natural gas produces almost half of that state's electricity.’
- ‘No wonder then that most countries are opting for natural gas as the preferred fuel.’
- ‘These cars are expected to use hydrogen taken from fossil sources such as natural gas or methanol.’
- ‘Methane is a natural gas produced mainly by bacteria which live in oxygen-free and low oxygen environments.’
- ‘Regulation over natural gas producers was lifted in most areas of the country 10 years ago.’
- ‘So even though it is handled much like natural gas, it is not harmful to breathe if it leaks.’
- ‘The country's main exports are crude oil, petroleum products, and natural gas.’
- ‘The land was blessed with natural resources of oil, natural gas and a lake of pitch.’
- ‘Renewable energy is also the answer to imminent crude oil and natural gas shortages affecting fuel and heating needs.’
- ‘The fact of the matter is that gasoline is far more flammable than liquid natural gas.’
- ‘The houses are heated by natural gas and each house will have a gas coal-effect fire fitted as standard.’
- ‘In eight hours the well produced enough to meet New Zealand's natural gas needs for a day.’
- ‘The power station will be fuelled by natural gas from the offshore Kudu gas field.’
- ‘Methane is the main component of natural gas, and is trapped in coal and released during mining.’
- ‘Even natural gas, the cleanest of fossil fuels, still has to be processed to remove impurities.’
- ‘Large sections of public land will be opened to natural gas exploration and production.’
- ‘The project partners plan to produce liquefied natural gas to sell in Asia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.