One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Food that has undergone a minimum of processing or treatment with preservatives.
- ‘Therefore, many people prefer natural foods to processed foodstuffs.’
- ‘Now the best place to find them is your local health or natural food store.’
- ‘They market it to some natural food stores in northeastern Wisconsin and in Madison, and a few upscale delis carry the product.’
- ‘It can begin with choosing natural foods over those that are processed and filled with additives and artificial ingredients.’
- ‘Look for it at your natural foods store, in the macrobiotic or Asian food section.’
- ‘In all our time in hotels we found it difficult to get good natural food.’
- ‘In China during the Sung dynasty there was a movement in favour of natural food.’
- ‘Displacing natural foods with engineered foods (protein supplements) limits your intake of the health-protective nutrients in whole foods.’
- ‘This is, however, a natural food, and one that is most certainly in keeping with William's well-balanced and relatively unprocessed diet.’
- ‘Good flours also available by mail, and many natural foods stores offer organic flours.’
- ‘It is available at Chinese apothecaries and some natural food stores.’
- ‘If you suspect the product you bought is past its prime, most natural food stores will allow you to return it.’
- ‘Oregon is enticing California natural food businesses to move north a state.’
- ‘To rinse your sinuses, use a neti pot, a small teapotlike device sold at most natural food stores.’
- ‘This sector has experienced considerable growth in recent years as consumer interest in nutrition and natural food supplements has increased.’
- ‘Both are sold on the Internet and through some natural food stores.’
- ‘Consumers can now easily pick up organic and natural foods at 73 percent of grocery stores, reveals a Food Marketing Institute study.’
- ‘One should never under-estimate the unnatural things that American food companies will do to natural foods.’
- ‘Choose fresh, natural foods over fast, commercial or packaged foods.’
- ‘The two most common places that consumers buy organic food are supermarkets and natural food stores.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.