Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Food that has undergone a minimum of processing or treatment with preservatives.
- ‘Both are sold on the Internet and through some natural food stores.’
- ‘One should never under-estimate the unnatural things that American food companies will do to natural foods.’
- ‘If you suspect the product you bought is past its prime, most natural food stores will allow you to return it.’
- ‘In China during the Sung dynasty there was a movement in favour of natural food.’
- ‘Look for it at your natural foods store, in the macrobiotic or Asian food section.’
- ‘Choose fresh, natural foods over fast, commercial or packaged foods.’
- ‘Good flours also available by mail, and many natural foods stores offer organic flours.’
- ‘It can begin with choosing natural foods over those that are processed and filled with additives and artificial ingredients.’
- ‘It is available at Chinese apothecaries and some natural food stores.’
- ‘Now the best place to find them is your local health or natural food store.’
- ‘To rinse your sinuses, use a neti pot, a small teapotlike device sold at most natural food stores.’
- ‘In all our time in hotels we found it difficult to get good natural food.’
- ‘They market it to some natural food stores in northeastern Wisconsin and in Madison, and a few upscale delis carry the product.’
- ‘Oregon is enticing California natural food businesses to move north a state.’
- ‘Displacing natural foods with engineered foods (protein supplements) limits your intake of the health-protective nutrients in whole foods.’
- ‘This sector has experienced considerable growth in recent years as consumer interest in nutrition and natural food supplements has increased.’
- ‘Therefore, many people prefer natural foods to processed foodstuffs.’
- ‘Consumers can now easily pick up organic and natural foods at 73 percent of grocery stores, reveals a Food Marketing Institute study.’
- ‘The two most common places that consumers buy organic food are supermarkets and natural food stores.’
- ‘This is, however, a natural food, and one that is most certainly in keeping with William's well-balanced and relatively unprocessed diet.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.