Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A natural event such as a flood, earthquake, or hurricane that causes great damage or loss of life.‘the number of people suffering food crises as a result of natural disasters has tripled in the last thirty years’
- ‘When we are confronted with massive natural disasters, our own feelings of inadequacy are almost inevitable.’
- ‘The flood was considered one of the greatest natural disasters of the century.’
- ‘A feature of natural disasters in developing countries is that the magnitude of the disaster seems to be amplified.’
- ‘The 8th century was a period of crisis for the empire, assaulted externally and devastated internally by a series of natural disasters.’
- ‘Natural disasters shouldn't stand in the way of your business.’
- ‘Electric crews face many hazards after natural disasters.’
- ‘The famines were natural disasters caused by successive years of rainfall failure, but they were exacerbated by other factors.’
- ‘Typically, after a natural disaster, the owners of damaged property will file a claim with their insurance company.’
- ‘When a natural disaster occurs somewhere in the world and people want to help, we'll provide information and an immediate way to contribute.’
- ‘With property damage expected to exceed $100 billion, this will easily go down as the worst natural disaster in the nation's history.’
- ‘The step-by-step recovery plan aims to help people afflicted by natural disasters regain financial balance.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.