One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A natural event such as a flood, earthquake, or hurricane that causes great damage or loss of life.‘the number of people suffering food crises as a result of natural disasters has tripled in the last thirty years’
- ‘The 8th century was a period of crisis for the empire, assaulted externally and devastated internally by a series of natural disasters.’
- ‘The famines were natural disasters caused by successive years of rainfall failure, but they were exacerbated by other factors.’
- ‘The step-by-step recovery plan aims to help people afflicted by natural disasters regain financial balance.’
- ‘When a natural disaster occurs somewhere in the world and people want to help, we'll provide information and an immediate way to contribute.’
- ‘The flood was considered one of the greatest natural disasters of the century.’
- ‘With property damage expected to exceed $100 billion, this will easily go down as the worst natural disaster in the nation's history.’
- ‘When we are confronted with massive natural disasters, our own feelings of inadequacy are almost inevitable.’
- ‘Natural disasters shouldn't stand in the way of your business.’
- ‘Electric crews face many hazards after natural disasters.’
- ‘Typically, after a natural disaster, the owners of damaged property will file a claim with their insurance company.’
- ‘A feature of natural disasters in developing countries is that the magnitude of the disaster seems to be amplified.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.