One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Childbirth with minimal medical or technological intervention, usually involving special breathing and relaxation techniques.
- ‘The archives are a treasure chest of easily accessible information on all of the aspects of natural childbirth.’
- ‘In particular, there's dispute over whether a natural childbirth, or delivery by caesarean section, is the best or safest way.’
- ‘Many women still preferred natural childbirth despite the inherent uncertainties of labour.’
- ‘As faithful readers may remember, Adam and I really wanted to at least try natural childbirth.’
- ‘As a balance to this, there was a move for less state intervention in childbirth and the development of the right for women to have more natural childbirth.’
- ‘Most classes include information about natural childbirth.’
- ‘Women who opt for caesarean sections instead of natural childbirth are at far greater risk of catching dangerous infections than was previously thought, a survey has revealed.’
- ‘I had specialists attend to me, but the pregnancy was absolutely uneventful and the natural childbirth was swift and normal.’
- ‘Family physicians and obstetricians need to be aware of this useful method of natural childbirth.’
- ‘All of them believed I could have an easy, natural childbirth.’
- ‘Like many women who had babies in the late 1970s, I was part of the natural childbirth movement.’
- ‘If you were born through natural childbirth, your introduction to breathing may have gone something like this.’
- ‘Despite the lack of clarity over risk, increasing numbers of mothers are now demanding a natural childbirth at home.’
- ‘For decades, advocates of natural childbirth argued that enduring the agonies of delivery without drugs brought its own reward: a sense of accomplishment and empowerment.’
- ‘They claim many worried husbands are afraid of the mess and noise that accompanies natural childbirth.’
- ‘Now that I knew that birth did not have to be an institutional ‘procedure’ I began to read everything that I could on natural childbirth, home birth, and water birth.’
- ‘I've taught natural childbirth classes for 13 years and have attended many births, most of them in hospitals.’
- ‘He was born, as were all my sons, during the night, and that is another reason for natural childbirth to happen as close to home as possible.’
- ‘I think we have failed as childbirth educators because we've framed natural childbirth as just another choice, rather than as the best choice.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.