One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Childbirth with minimal medical or technological intervention, usually involving special breathing and relaxation techniques.
- ‘Like many women who had babies in the late 1970s, I was part of the natural childbirth movement.’
- ‘As faithful readers may remember, Adam and I really wanted to at least try natural childbirth.’
- ‘Now that I knew that birth did not have to be an institutional ‘procedure’ I began to read everything that I could on natural childbirth, home birth, and water birth.’
- ‘If you were born through natural childbirth, your introduction to breathing may have gone something like this.’
- ‘I've taught natural childbirth classes for 13 years and have attended many births, most of them in hospitals.’
- ‘I think we have failed as childbirth educators because we've framed natural childbirth as just another choice, rather than as the best choice.’
- ‘Most classes include information about natural childbirth.’
- ‘The archives are a treasure chest of easily accessible information on all of the aspects of natural childbirth.’
- ‘As a balance to this, there was a move for less state intervention in childbirth and the development of the right for women to have more natural childbirth.’
- ‘He was born, as were all my sons, during the night, and that is another reason for natural childbirth to happen as close to home as possible.’
- ‘They claim many worried husbands are afraid of the mess and noise that accompanies natural childbirth.’
- ‘Women who opt for caesarean sections instead of natural childbirth are at far greater risk of catching dangerous infections than was previously thought, a survey has revealed.’
- ‘I had specialists attend to me, but the pregnancy was absolutely uneventful and the natural childbirth was swift and normal.’
- ‘In particular, there's dispute over whether a natural childbirth, or delivery by caesarean section, is the best or safest way.’
- ‘All of them believed I could have an easy, natural childbirth.’
- ‘Despite the lack of clarity over risk, increasing numbers of mothers are now demanding a natural childbirth at home.’
- ‘Family physicians and obstetricians need to be aware of this useful method of natural childbirth.’
- ‘For decades, advocates of natural childbirth argued that enduring the agonies of delivery without drugs brought its own reward: a sense of accomplishment and empowerment.’
- ‘Many women still preferred natural childbirth despite the inherent uncertainties of labour.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.