One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘It's not just disenchanted Euro nationalists and nativists who are turning their attention to the American melting pot.’
- ‘And the forces that gave rise to a nativist, inward-looking political party have not entirely disappeared, despite the generally favourable economic conditions in Australia.’
- ‘But such talk inflamed nativists, and they and their Catholic foes were juggled by the various political parties from mid-century onward.’
- ‘The immigrant-bashing nativists will battle the free marketeers.’
- ‘We see echoes of this perspective in the writings of Noam Chomsky and Jerry Fodor, self-identified nativists.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.