One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘But such talk inflamed nativists, and they and their Catholic foes were juggled by the various political parties from mid-century onward.’
- ‘It's not just disenchanted Euro nationalists and nativists who are turning their attention to the American melting pot.’
- ‘The immigrant-bashing nativists will battle the free marketeers.’
- ‘We see echoes of this perspective in the writings of Noam Chomsky and Jerry Fodor, self-identified nativists.’
- ‘And the forces that gave rise to a nativist, inward-looking political party have not entirely disappeared, despite the generally favourable economic conditions in Australia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.