One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having strong patriotic feelings, especially a belief in the superiority of one's own country over others.‘nationalistic pride’‘a nationalistic awareness in politics and literature’
patriotic, nationalist, loyal to one's country, pro one's countryView synonyms
- ‘His nationalistic tone and speeches against the European Union became ever louder.’
- ‘The political movement in which it was based became increasingly nationalistic and isolationist.’
- ‘They said it was nationalistic, jingoistic, imperialistic and represented a bad and unjust past.’
- ‘This is neither an issue of political affiliation or nationalistic loyalty.’
- ‘Not to mention that religion and media moguls propagate the popularity of that nationalistic pride that most Americans have.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.