One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An expanse of sea coast protected and maintained by the federal government for the study of wildlife and for recreational use by the public.
- ‘Now that the Navy has been forced by protesters to abandon its bombing exercises in Puerto Rico, it has been considering bombing a national seashore preserve in South Texas.’
- ‘Although the family spend considerable time at the nearby beach, which is part of a national seashore, they also enjoy lounging amid their backyard flower gardens.’
- ‘Instead, why not spend the first three nights closer to the Wine Country and the national seashore?’
- ‘There are 20 million annual visitors to our national seashores and even more to our marine sanctuaries.’
- ‘Options range from declaring it a national seashore to relying on land trusts to buy individual properties piecemeal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.