One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
One of the two major leagues in American professional baseball.
- ‘Players have been put on a financial bonus to keep the club in the LHF National League One.’
- ‘Standing Room Only - St. Louis Cardinals and New York Mets to meet for the National League Championship Series’
- ‘The Bucs lost the 1972 National League Championship Series to the Reds in five games.’
- ‘They never saw him as a catcher, where he was a National League All-Star in 1991 before earning an All-Star bid as a second baseman in 1992.’
- ‘The American League and National League Most Valuable Player Awards were announced on Monday and Tuesday.’
- ‘‘We steal his pitches,’ says a scout for a National League team.’
- ‘His 382 strikeouts in 1965 are still a National League record.’
- ‘When some National League scouts saw him for the first time in interleague play, they were like, ‘Who's this guy?’’
- ‘His 17 wins are the most by a National League teenager, with Bunker holding the major league mark with 19.’
- ‘The National League record is 382, set by Sandy Koufax in 1965.’
- ‘He struck out 18 men to tie a National League record (since surpassed) in that disappointing 10-inning defeat.’
- ‘Open up the negotiations to more than one team (perhaps an American and a National League club could each have the right to negotiate with first round draft picks).’
- ‘James covers the National League East and West, then the American League East and West.’
- ‘He won the National League's Most Valuable Player award in 1967, and was honored as the Designated Hitter of the Year in 1973.’
- ‘Two years earlier, at age 40, he stole 23 bases while leading the Giants to a National League West championship.’
- ‘During his record home run season in 1998, he set a National League mark of 162 walks, 28 of which were intentional.’
- ‘He was National League All-Star selection in 1941, 1942, 1945 and 1946.’
- ‘Interestingly, the other four teams were the Cleveland Indians in the American League and the Philadelphia Phillies, New York Mets, and Cardinals in the National League.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.