One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
One of the two major leagues in American professional baseball.
- ‘The American League and National League Most Valuable Player Awards were announced on Monday and Tuesday.’
- ‘The National League record is 382, set by Sandy Koufax in 1965.’
- ‘Standing Room Only - St. Louis Cardinals and New York Mets to meet for the National League Championship Series’
- ‘When some National League scouts saw him for the first time in interleague play, they were like, ‘Who's this guy?’’
- ‘Open up the negotiations to more than one team (perhaps an American and a National League club could each have the right to negotiate with first round draft picks).’
- ‘Players have been put on a financial bonus to keep the club in the LHF National League One.’
- ‘He was National League All-Star selection in 1941, 1942, 1945 and 1946.’
- ‘His 17 wins are the most by a National League teenager, with Bunker holding the major league mark with 19.’
- ‘They never saw him as a catcher, where he was a National League All-Star in 1991 before earning an All-Star bid as a second baseman in 1992.’
- ‘Two years earlier, at age 40, he stole 23 bases while leading the Giants to a National League West championship.’
- ‘James covers the National League East and West, then the American League East and West.’
- ‘‘We steal his pitches,’ says a scout for a National League team.’
- ‘He struck out 18 men to tie a National League record (since surpassed) in that disappointing 10-inning defeat.’
- ‘The Bucs lost the 1972 National League Championship Series to the Reds in five games.’
- ‘He won the National League's Most Valuable Player award in 1967, and was honored as the Designated Hitter of the Year in 1973.’
- ‘His 382 strikeouts in 1965 are still a National League record.’
- ‘Interestingly, the other four teams were the Cleveland Indians in the American League and the Philadelphia Phillies, New York Mets, and Cardinals in the National League.’
- ‘During his record home run season in 1998, he set a National League mark of 162 walks, 28 of which were intentional.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.