One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Today my editor upbraided me for the superfluous ornateness of my prose, opining that my headline, ‘Indigenous demoiselle is triumphant in natatorial tourney’ might more fittingly have been rendered, ‘Local girl wins swimming contest.’’
- ‘It can take several days to achieve full adult colour and a hard exoskeleton. breathing through a siphon replenishing the plastron cursorial legs raptorial legs natatorial legs rowing legs’
- ‘Diving beetles typically have natatorial legs as they spend most of their time underwater.’
- ‘An elongate, metameric body bears numerous pairs of lateral imbricating lobes, probably of natatorial function, sometimes accompanied by repeating sets of horizontal support rods.’
- ‘The back limbs are strongly flattened and equipped with thick natatorial stubbles acting as paddles.’
- ‘These salamanders are natatorial and motile.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.