One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The upper part of the pharynx, connecting with the nasal cavity above the soft palate.
- ‘Due to the movements of the soft palate, the nasopharynx is normally not opacified.’
- ‘Mucous membrane involvement is common, primarily of the oral mucosa and conjunctiva, but may also include the nasopharynx, larynx, esophagus, genitalia, and rectal mucosa.’
- ‘The conducting portion of the respiratory system includes the nasal cavity, paranasal sinuses, nasopharynx, larynx, trachea, and bronchi.’
- ‘These bacteria originate and spread from the nasopharynx to the middle ear cavity by way of the eustachian tube.’
- ‘After pre-operative embolisation, the tumour was resected from the infratemporal and pterygopalatine fossae, sphenoid sinus, nasopharynx, nasal cavity and maxillary antrum.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.