One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The upper part of the pharynx, connecting with the nasal cavity above the soft palate.
- ‘The conducting portion of the respiratory system includes the nasal cavity, paranasal sinuses, nasopharynx, larynx, trachea, and bronchi.’
- ‘Mucous membrane involvement is common, primarily of the oral mucosa and conjunctiva, but may also include the nasopharynx, larynx, esophagus, genitalia, and rectal mucosa.’
- ‘These bacteria originate and spread from the nasopharynx to the middle ear cavity by way of the eustachian tube.’
- ‘After pre-operative embolisation, the tumour was resected from the infratemporal and pterygopalatine fossae, sphenoid sinus, nasopharynx, nasal cavity and maxillary antrum.’
- ‘Due to the movements of the soft palate, the nasopharynx is normally not opacified.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.