- another term for Asian pear
- ‘It's a salad that's got some bitter greens and celery with nashi and spring onions.’
- ‘Just before serving, prepare the nashi and add to rest of the fruit.’
- ‘Of the nashi grown in New Zealand, 95 percent are Hosui, although smooth-skinned, greenish-yellow Nijisseiki and the mottled Kosui also make excellent eating.’
- ‘It is fruity (think nashi pears and quince), a little bit sweet and great for drinking on its own or with Asian food and is stunning value for between $12 and $14.’
- ‘Sipping on our nashi pear and lychee Martinis, we surveyed the room.’
1960s: from Japanese, literally pear.