One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A representative of a demographic category: a blue-collar, high school-educated father with relatively conservative values but without predictable political affiliation.
- ‘First there were Angry White Males, then Soccer Moms, then Office Park Dads, and now NASCAR Dads.’
- ‘Forty-five million strong, these men - dubbed NASCAR Dads by the skeptical liberal media - have been among his most dependable supporters.’
- ‘So now she is arguing they will never win the White House unless they begin to reach out to the massive voting group she has dubbed the NASCAR Dads.’
- ‘That's a message that the NASCAR Dads who are so turned off by his plummy elitism will respond to.’
- ‘Evidence abounds that, at the very least, he is as inclined as any NASCAR Dad to divide the world into worthy and unworthy victims.’
Early 21st century: from the popularity of stock car racing with white, working-class men.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.