One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Another of the region's seats, with a narrowish 6,389 Labour majority over Tories last time, declares at about 3.30 am.’
- ‘Likewise, you'll always find them on the left hand side of the stage, occupying the narrowish space in front of the DJ booth and the back door, on the way to the Gents loos.’
- ‘Its 27-cm length is pretty standard, and the front and middle of the saddle feel like any other narrowish racing perch.’
- ‘It's a traditional layout of heavily treed, narrowish fairways with the occasional water carry.’
- ‘Finally we got into the reception room which was a much larger space but a long narrowish room with the dance floor in the middle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.