One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A federal agent or police officer who enforces the laws regarding illicit sale or use of drugs and narcotics.
police officer, policeman, policewoman, pc, wpc, officer of the law, detective, dcView synonyms
- ‘The issue of narcs actually getting addicted themselves is another aspect of the film which mirrors real life.’
- ‘Other than myself, only 5 members of the community, those who are regulars here, know the narc's true identity.’
- ‘‘I'll bet they have us pegged as narcs,’ he laughs, crushing a cigarette butt under his shoe.’
- ‘On the reserve, trying to get a retailer's take on the switch to cheap contraband smokes was tantamount to being spotted as a narc.’
- ‘Les knew enough to be cautious, he sure as hell didn't want to wind up talking to a narc. or an undercover cop.’
- ‘It would take a mind working on a very different level to consider the sentence being for four sales of pot to an undercover narc at an area high school.’
- ‘When I heard about it I assumed the narcs had taken him to the methadone clinic on North Avenue.’
- ‘I could sense there were narcs in the cinema, but I felt safe with my attorney close by, ready to swing his gorilla fists into action at the slightest provocation.’
- ‘They produced pictures of the target, his whole history as a nark, and audiotapes of his last info deals.’
- ‘Compared with the way everybody was dressed Gary and I must have looked like a couple of narcs.’
- ‘Alas, that isn't the basis for the movie, which features a narc who doesn't realize he's informing on himself.’
- ‘Lab busts have soared since last fall when Wright, a former narc, took over the county's 13-man drug task force.’
- ‘Then rules were brought in to allow the narcs to keep much of the money they found, until eventually they relied on asset seizures to keep them in a job the following year.’
- ‘Just as he finished his sentence, about five other police cars including a narc car rolled up all crazy.’
1960s: abbreviation of narcotic.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.