One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of a baby's skin caused by prolonged contact with a damp diaper; diaper rash.
spots, skin eruption, breakoutView synonyms
- ‘The end result is a kind of eczema called nappy rash.’
- ‘For nappy rash, choose an ointment rather than a cream because it will form a barrier.’
- ‘Because one of the surprising findings is that if you do incorporate friendly or good bacteria into infant formulas, nappy rash condition virtually disappears overnight.’
- ‘Look out for white patches in your baby's mouth or nappy rash that won't heal.’
- ‘Complete exposure may point to the underlying cause, such as areas of eczematous skin or nappy rash that may be irritating him.’
- ‘Whatever the 46 year old equivalent of having nappy rash is I appear to have it.’
- ‘I was complaining to Mum the other day that Tommy had a rather nasty case of nappy rash that didn't seem to be shifting.’
- ‘Remember that most colic disappears before your baby is three months old and nappy rash is usually easily treated, so relief is in sight.’
- ‘In babies the symptoms may include a persistent nappy rash, and creamy yellow or white spots in and around the mouth, producing soreness that may make a baby reluctant to feed.’
- ‘Babies with nappy rash itch, cry a lot and are generally miserable.’
- ‘Whether myrrh guards against nappy rash I don't know.’
- ‘Creams containing either a mild steroid or anti-fungal preparations may be prescribed for nappy rash that has become infected or for specific conditions that have caused the irritation.’
- ‘There's a small patch of nappy rash… and we're looking at the imminent emergence of two top teeth.’
- ‘You may want to use a baby barrier cream to help prevent nappy rash.’
- ‘It turns out that it is an upmarket new American cream for nappy rash.’
- ‘Maybe the inevitable conversations about nappy rash and gripe water, far from making me clucky, will make me want to run out and have my tongue pierced and drink cider in the park.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.