One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A crystalline solid derived from naphthalene, used to make antiseptics and dyes.
- ‘Soluble and insoluble proteins were stained specifically in blue with naphthol blue-black and polysaccharides were stained in red with periodic acid.’
- ‘Some of the dyes to which chromophores give a vibrant color are naphthol yellow, vat blue, congo red, and methylene blue.’
- ‘Hantaviral antigens were then detected by using a naphthol / fast red substrate.’
- ‘Finally, it is mixed with naphthol to produce carbaryl.’
- ‘Certain molecules such as 1 - naphthol, its derivatives, and carbazole show remarkable enhancement in their acidity in the excited singlet state.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.