One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a group of cyclic aliphatic hydrocarbons (e.g. cyclohexane) obtained from petroleum.
- ‘Oils high in naphthene also contain more impurities such as phytotoxic aromatic and unsaturated hydrocarbons.’
- ‘Also, a higher net production of light naphthenes can be achieved for lower values of U.’
- ‘Most horticultural oils contain naphthene and paraffin compounds.’
- ‘Since ethylenediamine is very polar, naphthenes are preferentially permeated to the solvent side.’
- ‘The octane numbers of alkyl-substituted naphthenes trend similarly to those of alkyl-substituted aromatics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.