Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The branch of technology that deals with dimensions and tolerances of less than 100 nanometers, especially the manipulation of individual atoms and molecules.
- ‘Students presented papers on nanotechnology and super conductors.’
- ‘This latest fretting has been prompted by a branch of science called nanotechnology.’
- ‘The team from the physics department are experts in nanotechnology, which involves engineering on a microscopic scale.’
- ‘For example, nanotechnology may facilitate the development of Von Neumann probes.’
- ‘I don't write about just politics or just war or just nanotechnology or music or science.’
- ‘There is talk of cooperation in nanotechnology and solar energy as well.’
- ‘The reason for this disparity is that most definitions of nanotechnology are impossibly broad.’
- ‘Issues of complexity, evolution, nanotechnology and robotics sit in the very center of this debate.’
- ‘Nearly all the laws dealt with promoting nanotechnology in those states.’
- ‘How can you see nanotechnology or even macro technology on the way to Mars generating the sorts of energy that you need?’
- ‘Eventually, nanotechnology and semiconductor device technology will converge.’
- ‘Whilst we are a long way away from turning lead into gold, science at the atomic level, or nanotechnology, is with us already.’
- ‘They were describing an area of advanced nanotechnology called molecular manufacturing.’
- ‘An eclectic band of researchers is mapping out a new frontier of science known as nanotechnology.’
- ‘Governments and the military have no exclusive access to genetics, robotics or nanotechnology.’
- ‘With nanotechnology engineers manipulate atomic sized particles to create tiny machines.’
- ‘What is nanotechnology and why is it such a buzz in the computer industry?’
- ‘The former group thinks of nanotechnology as essentially a new branch of materials science.’
- ‘It would be irresponsible if this outcome was to be repeated with nanotechnology.’
- ‘The center's research is aimed at the interface of nanotechnology and biology at the molecular level.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.