One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of technology that deals with dimensions and tolerances of less than 100 nanometers, especially the manipulation of individual atoms and molecules.
- ‘This latest fretting has been prompted by a branch of science called nanotechnology.’
- ‘For example, nanotechnology may facilitate the development of Von Neumann probes.’
- ‘How can you see nanotechnology or even macro technology on the way to Mars generating the sorts of energy that you need?’
- ‘There is talk of cooperation in nanotechnology and solar energy as well.’
- ‘Eventually, nanotechnology and semiconductor device technology will converge.’
- ‘Issues of complexity, evolution, nanotechnology and robotics sit in the very center of this debate.’
- ‘I don't write about just politics or just war or just nanotechnology or music or science.’
- ‘The former group thinks of nanotechnology as essentially a new branch of materials science.’
- ‘An eclectic band of researchers is mapping out a new frontier of science known as nanotechnology.’
- ‘Governments and the military have no exclusive access to genetics, robotics or nanotechnology.’
- ‘With nanotechnology engineers manipulate atomic sized particles to create tiny machines.’
- ‘The reason for this disparity is that most definitions of nanotechnology are impossibly broad.’
- ‘The team from the physics department are experts in nanotechnology, which involves engineering on a microscopic scale.’
- ‘Students presented papers on nanotechnology and super conductors.’
- ‘What is nanotechnology and why is it such a buzz in the computer industry?’
- ‘It would be irresponsible if this outcome was to be repeated with nanotechnology.’
- ‘Nearly all the laws dealt with promoting nanotechnology in those states.’
- ‘Whilst we are a long way away from turning lead into gold, science at the atomic level, or nanotechnology, is with us already.’
- ‘They were describing an area of advanced nanotechnology called molecular manufacturing.’
- ‘The center's research is aimed at the interface of nanotechnology and biology at the molecular level.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.