One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of technology that deals with dimensions and tolerances of less than 100 nanometers, especially the manipulation of individual atoms and molecules.
- ‘What is nanotechnology and why is it such a buzz in the computer industry?’
- ‘I don't write about just politics or just war or just nanotechnology or music or science.’
- ‘Eventually, nanotechnology and semiconductor device technology will converge.’
- ‘How can you see nanotechnology or even macro technology on the way to Mars generating the sorts of energy that you need?’
- ‘The center's research is aimed at the interface of nanotechnology and biology at the molecular level.’
- ‘An eclectic band of researchers is mapping out a new frontier of science known as nanotechnology.’
- ‘Students presented papers on nanotechnology and super conductors.’
- ‘There is talk of cooperation in nanotechnology and solar energy as well.’
- ‘Nearly all the laws dealt with promoting nanotechnology in those states.’
- ‘Governments and the military have no exclusive access to genetics, robotics or nanotechnology.’
- ‘With nanotechnology engineers manipulate atomic sized particles to create tiny machines.’
- ‘It would be irresponsible if this outcome was to be repeated with nanotechnology.’
- ‘This latest fretting has been prompted by a branch of science called nanotechnology.’
- ‘The team from the physics department are experts in nanotechnology, which involves engineering on a microscopic scale.’
- ‘Issues of complexity, evolution, nanotechnology and robotics sit in the very center of this debate.’
- ‘Whilst we are a long way away from turning lead into gold, science at the atomic level, or nanotechnology, is with us already.’
- ‘For example, nanotechnology may facilitate the development of Von Neumann probes.’
- ‘They were describing an area of advanced nanotechnology called molecular manufacturing.’
- ‘The reason for this disparity is that most definitions of nanotechnology are impossibly broad.’
- ‘The former group thinks of nanotechnology as essentially a new branch of materials science.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.