One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A machine made from individual atoms or molecules that is designed to perform a small and specific job.
- ‘The second volume of Nanomedicine, due out this year, will examine ‘biocompatibility ‘- how nanorobots might interact with the body, especially the immune system.’’
- ‘Could we make, by accident or malevolent design, a plague of self-replicating nanorobots that spreads across the biosphere, consuming its resources and rendering life, including ourselves, extinct?’
- ‘Atoms with a mind of their own have conjured up some scary images in science fiction, of nanorobots going out of control.’
- ‘One long term vision is the construction of nanorobots, which can perform work and other useful tasks in the nano-domain.’
- ‘He is the author of a book by the same name and the inventor of a number of brilliant conceptual designs for medical nanorobots.’
- ‘His previous pronouncement on this subject last year led to banner headlines about the impending doom threatened by self-replicating nanorobots transforming the planet into ‘grey goo‘.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.