One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for nanotechnology
- ‘She added that the city government has set up a nano industry promotion centre overseeing overall planning, research and development and industrialization of the local nano sector.’
- ‘From there, he hopes to pursue a half dozen elevator-related businesses, from nano - to laser technology.’
- ‘Future chips may be limited in the geometric complexity that can be created at the nano level because of problems with precision alignment.’
- ‘In the nano regime, material characteristics are dominated by surface effects rather than bulk material effects, opening up a host of new possibilities.’
- ‘In the near term, according to Thomas, advances will require a better understanding of the nano world and experimentation with nano-enhanced technologies.’
- ‘He predicted that there will be a surge of nano-naming, with the nano prefix showing up in all sorts of new places in the coming years.’
- ‘Uses for the nano molecular sensor could encompass early diagnosis of genetic diseases.’
- ‘Now researchers have taken advantage of a proposed quantum effect to construct a Y-shaped, nano electronic circuit that boosts signals spontaneously.’
- ‘Canada's determination to carry its technological prowess into the nano era is similar to Taiwan's.’
- ‘The university's new nano science and engineering center offers opportunities in economic development as well.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.