One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This is one area where the nanny state is not nannyish enough.’
- ‘The main reason I haven't been to California before is their impertinent, nannyish tobacco fatwa.’
- ‘But is this nannyish redirection advice really necessary?’
- ‘The paper which daily lambasts the government for its nanny-state tendencies whined that it wasn't nannyish enough, following its announcement that it intends to liberalise the gambling laws.’
- ‘Does that strike you as nannyish and make you a little queasy?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.