The redfish of Australia ("Centroberyx affinis")
- ‘There are times when the wreckage is obscured by thousands of schooling fish, like nannygai, yellowtail and pike.’
- ‘In Australia redfish has become the official name of the nannygai.’
- ‘The deeper water has seen small-mouth and large-mouth nannygai in good numbers and of good quality.’
- ‘Reef Fishing: offshore small and large mouth nannygai are prolific in the deeper waters.’
- ‘Further west there are thousands of small nannygais in between the rocks just off the reef.’
Late 19th century: from a New South Wales Aboriginal language.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.