The basic monetary unit of Nigeria, equal to 100 kobo.
- ‘The strikers are demanding 7,500 naira as monthly minimum wage but the government has stipulated it only pay the 5,500 naira agreed by the governors of Nigeria's 36 states.’
- ‘The Nigerian naira recorded its first appreciation of the week, gaining ground against the dollar.’
- ‘He was a successful businessman who made and invested his money at a time when the naira enjoyed parity with sterling.’
- ‘The dollar mustered a 0.6% gain against the Nigerian naira and 0.9% rise versus the Uruguay peso, and that was about it.’
- ‘The Nigerian naira also remains steady despite the strike.’
Contraction of Nigeria.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.