One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The basic monetary unit of Nigeria, equal to 100 kobo.
- ‘The dollar mustered a 0.6% gain against the Nigerian naira and 0.9% rise versus the Uruguay peso, and that was about it.’
- ‘The strikers are demanding 7,500 naira as monthly minimum wage but the government has stipulated it only pay the 5,500 naira agreed by the governors of Nigeria's 36 states.’
- ‘He was a successful businessman who made and invested his money at a time when the naira enjoyed parity with sterling.’
- ‘The Nigerian naira also remains steady despite the strike.’
- ‘The Nigerian naira recorded its first appreciation of the week, gaining ground against the dollar.’
Contraction of Nigeria.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.