The condition of a structure which is held together with corroded nails.
- ‘Once a roof has become seriously affected by nail sickness the only appropriate method of repair is to strip and resurface the roof.’
- ‘When faced with slipping slates through nail sickness, there is no easy solution as the slate above prevents access to the damaged nails.’
- ‘Stamp on a joint with nail sickness and the components would separate - not a good idea.’
- ‘Probably 40% of the fasteners are bleeding and in some areas has caused nail sickness to the planks.’
- ‘We have some nail sickness that I would like to address with something other than total plank replacement.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.