One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The condition of a structure which is held together with corroded nails.
- ‘Once a roof has become seriously affected by nail sickness the only appropriate method of repair is to strip and resurface the roof.’
- ‘When faced with slipping slates through nail sickness, there is no easy solution as the slate above prevents access to the damaged nails.’
- ‘Stamp on a joint with nail sickness and the components would separate - not a good idea.’
- ‘We have some nail sickness that I would like to address with something other than total plank replacement.’
- ‘Probably 40% of the fasteners are bleeding and in some areas has caused nail sickness to the planks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.