Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A benign tumor of connective tissue containing mucous or gelatinous material.
- ‘They are the third most common primary cardiac tumors after myxomas and lipomas, accounting for 7% of all primary cardiac tumors.’
- ‘The most common benign intracardiac tumors are myxomas.’
- ‘Searching for the source of embolic material resulted in the discovery of a cardiac myxoma in the left atrium.’
- ‘Surgical excision gives excellent short-term and long-term results that lead to an eventual cure of nonfamilial myxomas.’
- ‘The radiographic differential diagnosis included odontogenic myxoma, desmoplastic fibroma, and myofibromatosis.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.