One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Turn into myth; interpret mythically.
- ‘For 200 years, to be an American hero was to be mythicized as being almost biblically good.’
- ‘Virgil recognizes the anomaly of expunged Trojan origins and effectively mythicizes it in Book 12 of the Aeneid.’
- ‘As the memory of the famous singer is seized upon and mythicized, Rai decides to set the record straight about Vina.’
- ‘The characters are themselves responsible for thus mythicizing the geographical journey; each of them embarks on an ‘imagined journey from periphery to centre’.’
- ‘But by mythicising his illness he extracted more from the experience than he would had he recognised its true provenance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.