One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Turn into myth; interpret mythically.‘the figure of Jesus had been mythicized by the religious imagination of the early Christians’
- ‘For 200 years, to be an American hero was to be mythicized as being almost biblically good.’
- ‘But by mythicising his illness he extracted more from the experience than he would had he recognised its true provenance.’
- ‘Virgil recognizes the anomaly of expunged Trojan origins and effectively mythicizes it in Book 12 of the Aeneid.’
- ‘The characters are themselves responsible for thus mythicizing the geographical journey; each of them embarks on an ‘imagined journey from periphery to centre’.’
- ‘As the memory of the famous singer is seized upon and mythicized, Rai decides to set the record straight about Vina.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.