One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A religion centered on secret or mystical rites for initiates, especially any of a number of cults popular during the late Roman Empire.
- ‘Dyed eggs also formed part of the rituals of the Babylonian mystery religions.’
- ‘The result is a Celtic Christian mystery religion which centres on the grail as a mystic experience.’
- ‘And it kind of evolved into a mystery religion.’
- ‘This is most notable in the area of religion, with the advent of various mystery religions, but the Egyptians especially had a strong effect on Greek philosophy and science.’
- ‘This is the teaching of eastern mystery religions and is spelled out in the Egyptian book of the dead and other occult religions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.