One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of muscular dystrophy accompanied by myotonia.
- ‘The symptoms of myotonic dystrophy may appear at any time from birth to old age and can affect both males and females.’
- ‘Some of the reported associated systemic diseases include systemic lupus erythematosus, diabetes mellitus, myotonic dystrophy, and chronic active hepatitis.’
- ‘A hopelessly dysfunctional couple - an alcoholic living with a woman suffering from myotonic dystrophy - are involved in a desperate love story.’
- ‘To date, very few options are available for the treatment of myotonic dystrophy.’
- ‘Gracile ribs are commonly seen in spinal muscular atrophy, congenital myotonic dystrophy and congenital myopathies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.