One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An insectivorous bat with a slender muzzle, and a flight membrane that extends between the hind legs and the tip of the tail.
Genus Myotis, family Vespertilionidae: numerous species, including the little brown myotis (M. lucifugus), one of the most common and widespread bats in the US and CanadaAlso called mouse-eared bat
- ‘We have been pleased to note sustained growth in population numbers of both the cave myotis and the endangered lesser long-nosed bat.’
- ‘We never observed the raccoon take an Indiana myotis, but predation was the likely intent, given that raccoons are known predators on bats.’
- ‘Diets of little brown myotis and eastern pipistrelles were highly diverse.’
- ‘He had taken the form of a small bat during his lesson, a long-eared myotis according to his teacher.’
- ‘Eighty-five northern myotis yielded 2 species of mites and one species of true bug.’
Modern Latin, based on Greek mus, mu- ‘mouse’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.