Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation and degeneration of muscle tissue.
- ‘Rule out other causes such as claudication, disk disease, hypothyroidism, and myositis.’
- ‘Imagine if people taking the pill have higher rates of hepatitis, bleeding ulcers, myositis (muscle inflammation), bradycardia, and acute renal failure all at the same time.’
- ‘A possible related injury is a torn brachialis muscle with associated myositis.’
- ‘Progressive pulmonary fibrosis occurs in 10 percent of patients and, along with myositis of the respiratory muscles, may lead to hypoxemia.’
- ‘He is diagnosed with inclusion body myositis, a degenerative muscle disease that slowly destroys muscle mass.’
Early 19th century: formed irregularly from Greek mus, mu- muscle + -itis.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.