One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A disease of muscle tissue.
- ‘An antisynthetase antibody, when positive, may help confirm the presence of an inflammatory myopathy.’
- ‘Neuromuscular diseases are characterized by progressive weakening of skeletal, respiratory, bulbar, and, in the case of myopathies, cardiac muscles.’
- ‘The idiopathic inflammatory myopathies are a group of heterogeneous disorders characterised by acquired progressive muscle weakness and inflammatory infiltrates in skeletal muscle tissue.’
- ‘Exercise-induced muscle oxidative stress may be involved in the myopathy associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.’
- ‘One author thought it should be lumped in with ‘bent spine disease’ and grouped as axial myopathy (central spinal muscle disease).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.