One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjectiveZoology
- ‘If this is true, then it indicates that caviomorphs are not closely related genetically to the myomorphs and should be recognized as a different order.’
- ‘Testes in male myomorphs are relatively large and present in a scrotum, whereas male guinea pigs and chinchillas do not have a true scrotum and the testes lie in the inguinal canal.’
- ‘During a comparative survey among small mammals, I found that ultrasounds were produced by the young of all species of myomorph rodents studied.’
- ‘Most of these are myomorphs - mice, rats and their relatives - a group that radiated explosively in the past 20 million years.’
- ‘Three jaw muscle patterns, sciuromorph, myomorph, and hystricomorph are often used to designate major taxonomic divisions of the rodents.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.