Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for myotome
- ‘Myomeres closest to the girdles are slightly different in shape and muscle fiber angle, but all of the intervening myomeres are nearly identical.’
- ‘Fish generate axial bending through contractions of the myomeres, serially repeated lateral muscles in the trunk and tail.’
- ‘In contrast to fish myomeres, the axial locomotor muscles of dolphins are organized into longitudinal tracts as is typical of mammals.’
- ‘During turtle ontogeny the reduction of the trunk myomeres leads to sinking of the vertebrae and ribs into the dermis.’
- ‘Far less debatably, the long conodont body has obvious V-shaped myomeres throughout its length.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.