One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for myotome
- ‘Fish generate axial bending through contractions of the myomeres, serially repeated lateral muscles in the trunk and tail.’
- ‘In contrast to fish myomeres, the axial locomotor muscles of dolphins are organized into longitudinal tracts as is typical of mammals.’
- ‘During turtle ontogeny the reduction of the trunk myomeres leads to sinking of the vertebrae and ribs into the dermis.’
- ‘Myomeres closest to the girdles are slightly different in shape and muscle fiber angle, but all of the intervening myomeres are nearly identical.’
- ‘Far less debatably, the long conodont body has obvious V-shaped myomeres throughout its length.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.