One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Strictly speaking, a muscle specialist should be called a myologist, since myology is the medical term for the study of muscles.’
- ‘Dark meat, which avian myologists (bird muscle scientists) refer to as ‘red muscle,’ is used for sustained activity - chiefly walking, in the case of a chicken.’
- ‘Thus, although I started as a myologist, my studies of mitochondrial diseases have taken me back to the brain.’
- ‘The certified orofacial myologist has been trained in the identification, diagnosis and treatment of tongue thrust and its related problems.’
- ‘Many orofacial myologists believe that a tongue thrust may result in an anterior open bite, deformation of the jaws, an abnormal function.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.