One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Strictly speaking, a muscle specialist should be called a myologist, since myology is the medical term for the study of muscles.’
- ‘Thus, although I started as a myologist, my studies of mitochondrial diseases have taken me back to the brain.’
- ‘The certified orofacial myologist has been trained in the identification, diagnosis and treatment of tongue thrust and its related problems.’
- ‘Many orofacial myologists believe that a tongue thrust may result in an anterior open bite, deformation of the jaws, an abnormal function.’
- ‘Dark meat, which avian myologists (bird muscle scientists) refer to as ‘red muscle,’ is used for sustained activity - chiefly walking, in the case of a chicken.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.