One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Spasmodic jerky contraction of groups of muscles.
tightening, tensing, flexing, constrictingView synonyms
- ‘The symptom of early-morning myoclonus, unassociated with alteration of consciousness, is often not mentioned by patients unless they are specifically questioned about it.’
- ‘The acute effects are coma, myoclonus and bradycardia, which generally resolve rapidly without complication.’
- ‘In particular, there is potential for a neurotoxic metabolite, normeperidine, to accumulate and cause seizures, myoclonus and tremors.’
- ‘Reported neurological manifestations have included tremor, myoclonus, hyperreflexia, ankle clonus, muscle rigidity, ataxia and incoordination.’
- ‘Twitching or myoclonus may be observed (often mistaken for seizures).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.