Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of the heart muscle.
- ‘Coronary arteritis and myocarditis are the principal causes of morbidity and mortality.’
- ‘They may also cause myocarditis, an infection of the heart muscle.’
- ‘Finally, complications such as myocarditis, pancreatitis, pericarditis, and polyarthritis can occur.’
- ‘It can also be caused by ischemia, myocarditis, or fibrosis.’
- ‘Patients with cardiac involvement may present with pericarditis, myocarditis, or cardiac conduction blocks.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.