Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for heart attack
- ‘The II genotype was associated with a 2-fold increase in the incidence of myocardial infarction compared with the DD genotype.’
- ‘Beta blocker therapy is recommended in patients with a history of myocardial infarction who have no contraindications.’
- ‘In the placebo-controlled trials, atenolol had no effect on all-cause mortality, cardiovascular mortality, myocardial infarction, or stroke.’
- ‘There was a 13 percent relative reduction in the rate of heart failure in patients who had a myocardial infarction during the study period.’
- ‘Serum cardiac marker determinations play a vital role in the diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction.’
myocardial infarction/mīəˌkärdēəl inˈfärkSH(ə)n/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.