Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or denoting a plexus of nerves of the sympathetic and parasympathetic systems situated between and supplying the two layers of muscle in the small intestine.
- ‘The gastrointestinal stromal tumor nodules displayed an area of transition to the nerves in the myenteric plexus.’
- ‘The density of the myenteric plexus in appendices was high in the newborn period, and this density was similar to that found in colon from the same patients.’
- ‘Axons arising from the somas of nerve cells in the myenteric plexus can be found in all the muscle layers.’
- ‘The fibers terminate in the myenteric plexus where they supply ganglion cells, as well as in the vasculature.’
- ‘Several possibilities could explain the decreasing density of the myenteric plexus of appendices.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.