One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting a plexus of nerves of the sympathetic and parasympathetic systems situated between and supplying the two layers of muscle in the small intestine.
- ‘The gastrointestinal stromal tumor nodules displayed an area of transition to the nerves in the myenteric plexus.’
- ‘The density of the myenteric plexus in appendices was high in the newborn period, and this density was similar to that found in colon from the same patients.’
- ‘Axons arising from the somas of nerve cells in the myenteric plexus can be found in all the muscle layers.’
- ‘The fibers terminate in the myenteric plexus where they supply ganglion cells, as well as in the vasculature.’
- ‘Several possibilities could explain the decreasing density of the myenteric plexus of appendices.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.