One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A malignant tumor of the bone marrow.
- ‘The workers were found to have increased risk for leukemia and multiple myeloma (cancer of the bone marrow).’
- ‘Osteoporosis, metastases, myeloma, and aggressive vertebral haemangioma can all cause vertebral body collapse and spinal pain.’
- ‘Multiple myeloma and acute monocytic leukemia are completely different clinical and pathologic entities.’
- ‘Multiple myeloma is a hematological malignant neoplasm of the bone marrow.’
- ‘Broadly speaking, cancer is classified into five major groups - carcinomas, sarcomas, leukaemias, lymphomas and myelomas.’
Mid 19th century: modern Latin, from Greek muelos ‘marrow’ + -oma.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.