A malignant tumor of the bone marrow.
- ‘Multiple myeloma is a hematological malignant neoplasm of the bone marrow.’
- ‘Broadly speaking, cancer is classified into five major groups - carcinomas, sarcomas, leukaemias, lymphomas and myelomas.’
- ‘Multiple myeloma and acute monocytic leukemia are completely different clinical and pathologic entities.’
- ‘The workers were found to have increased risk for leukemia and multiple myeloma (cancer of the bone marrow).’
- ‘Osteoporosis, metastases, myeloma, and aggressive vertebral haemangioma can all cause vertebral body collapse and spinal pain.’
Mid 19th century: modern Latin, from Greek muelos marrow + -oma.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.