1Relating to bone marrow.
- ‘A bone marrow biopsy can rule out other chronic myeloid disorders.’
- ‘Gastric myeloid metaplasia is a very rare event, and to our knowledge only 6 cases have been reported in the literature to date.’
- ‘As in our case, the severity of peripheral neutropenia did not correlate with the cellularity of the bone marrow myeloid compartment.’
- ‘The bone marrow was markedly hypocellular with leftshifted myeloid maturation.’
- ‘These cells differentiate into two main cell lineages (ie, myeloid and lymphoid pathways) that lead to the production of blood cells.’
- 1.1(of leukemia) characterized by the proliferation of cells originating in the bone marrow.
- ‘Missing are the chapters on non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and acute myeloid leukaemia.’
- ‘The disorders are characterised by overactive production of blood cells and can lead to thrombosis, haemorrhage or acute myeloid leukaemia.’
- ‘Some evidence indicates that in chronic myeloid leukaemia, bone marrow transplantation can prolong life if performed during its chronic phase.’
- ‘But the worst blow came in January 2001 when he was diagnosed with a third cancer - chronic myeloid leukaemia.’
- ‘In clinical trials the white blood cell counts of 88% of patients with chronic myeloid leukaemia returned to normal.’
2Relating to the spinal cord.
Mid 19th century: from Greek muelos marrow + -oid.