Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Any toxic substance produced by a fungus.
- ‘Numerous other species of mold and mildew are also toxic, and many mycotoxins are known carcenogens.’
- ‘Rarely, some molds produce toxic substances called mycotoxins.’
- ‘The insect-resistance gene discourages the build up of mycotoxins, potentially dangerous toxins that are probable human carcinogens, in corn.’
- ‘They produce lots of toxins, called mycotoxins, which can contaminate our food.’
- ‘Many molds are capable of producing compounds called mycotoxins which are toxic to other organisms, including people.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.