One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A disease caused by infection with a fungus, such as ringworm or thrush.
- ‘It is therefore unlikely that extracts of northern prickly ash would specifically inhibit fungal infections associated with mycoses.’
- ‘Apart from these uses, it is used to treat cardiovascular and blood system diseases, cancer, ulcers and mycosis.’
- ‘Like other systemic mycoses, the infection is most prevalent in middle-aged men.’
- ‘Superficial mycoses are probably the most prevalent of infectious diseases in all parts of the world.’
- ‘Histoplasmosis is the most prevalent endemic mycosis in the U.S. and a common opportunistic infection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.