One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a group of small typically parasitic bacteria that lack cell walls and sometimes cause diseases.
Class Mollicutes and order Mycoplasmatales
- ‘The cell cultures were routinely checked for mycoplasma and were found to be free of contamination.’
- ‘Results of blood, urine, and bronchoalveolar lavage cultures were negative, as well as serology for legionella and mycoplasma.’
- ‘The mycoplasmas are extra cellular parasites usually attached to the external surface of cells, but can also penetrate these.’
- ‘The antibiotics must be able to penetrate cell walls, as the mycoplasma are hidden inside cells.’
- ‘All microbes, be it viruses, bacteria, mycoplasma, fungi or parasites interfere in research.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.