Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The scientific study of fungi.
- ‘I was also in contact with a professor of microbiology and mycology in Copenhagen who was researching this issue.’
- ‘Throughout her career she helped sustain medical interest in mycology.’
- ‘My undergraduate degree was in general biology with a focus on mycology - study of fungi.’
- ‘Sadly, the resemblance ends there, or mycology would be considerably more popular than it is.’
- ‘Discover the fundamentals of mycology and hunt for mushrooms in this two-hour workshop.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.