One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used as a polite reply to thanks.‘“Oh, thank you!” “My pleasure.”’
- ‘‘It is my pleasure,’ Ethan said, shaking both of their hands and sitting down at the glossy table with Steve.’
- ‘‘It was my pleasure,’ he replied as he pulled out a half a loaf of bread, some meat and cheese.’
- ‘Even when I ask for more Polynesian sauce they still reply, "My pleasure."’
- ‘Plus I will buy you a drink or even several… believe me, that would be my pleasure.’
- ‘I looked at him and said, "Thanks a lot, Steve, that was really good." He lifted his hand and said, "It's my pleasure."’
- ‘Besides, it was my pleasure to review you in the first place.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.